Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: MY turn to be SAD -- Anger Management

  1. #1
    Inactive Member SmokinLizzies's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 25th, 2002
    Posts
    1,136
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I would post this on my board; I just don't want anyone from my band to read it.

    My problem is with Liz (my band's singer)

    This is the best band I've ever been in, and trust me; I've been around the bush a couple times. She is a great singer, a horrible front man.... Woman, but she has an amazing voice. And she has no idea how good this band is. She listens to everything but rock music. She barely knows 2 songs by Black Sabbath. She can't judge how good this band is.

    Here's the problem. She has another band. In fact we played with them tonight. There's called, "Courageous Minority." I hate them; they are some kind of jam jazz band. I can't handle them. I sit through there show clapping, and wooing. But I hate them. The reasons I hate them you ask? 'Cause I want Liz. I don't want to bang her; I want her in my band. And she's not.

    Oh, sure, she sings for us, but she's not in the band. You know what, she hasn't wrote a song for Smokin' Lizzies yet. I made her write lyrics for the song "Black & White." Other then that, she's done nothing. Oh, she can write songs, she has 4 or 5 songs for her "real band." But can she write a song for us? No!

    I've never had to deal with this before. Bands I start, all the member have it be there MAIN band. I don't care if people have "side" projects, but my band stays true. This is not the case with Liz. I believe, Smokin' Lizzies is a side project for her.

    Now, this might be my fault. She didn't ask to join the band, we asked her. However, our band was first and is a hell a lot better then her other band. And I'm not JUST talking taste. No one cares when her other band when they're playing. Their songs are 15 mins long for god's sake. I'm trying not to be a dick. But, I want her.

    She needs to quit that band. If she would put her time in this band, oh my god. We could be the best band in Ohio. I'm not talking trash here, I may be a little drunk, but I'm real. Between my guitar work and her vocals, people can't get enough of us. In her other band, they have so much bullshit going on, you can't even hear her.

    Damn, I hate being on the outside. I wish she knew how good we are. I wish she would trust me. Jesse fucks this. See Jesse (the drummer) doesn't want anything to come of this. He's going to collage. That's his goal. I love my music. I love it more then myself. That might be sick, but that's the way I am. I don't fuck around. When I play, I give all I got. If I fuck up, it was because I was trying too hard, not because I was being lazy.

    I went up to Liz after her other band stopped playing. I asked her to write a song for smokin' lizzies. She smiled. Then said, yeah, but she always plays the same stuff. And said maybe she could play keyboard. Bullshit. Bullshit bullshit bullshit.

    She's being weak with me. She's the kind of musician that keeps her music. Like, I have songs I wrote for, or with other bands. But, once the band ends. I let the songs die with them. She doesn't. So what the fuck is her problem with writing a song with us. This is maKING ME CRAzy.

    So, what? She doesn’t like rock music? She sees the same things I do. She has to know people like us. If I were in a punk band that people loved, I would give it all I got. It's very hard to make your own kind of music. Finding other musician with the same taste is hard. Sometimes you just have to go with the flow.

    Smokin' Lizzies is not my ideal band. But people love us. I get to solo, so I'm happy. She gets to be the main focus, but she's not happy? I don't think she'll quit the band. I just don't think we're get anywhere while she's in her other band. Plus, her other band has started to become dicks. I think they want her to quit this band.

    I hate this crap. Maybe I should just say fuck it, and just waste my time 'till she quits, or the band breaks up. Maybe I should kick her out of the band. Just tonight Jesse was making a joke about, "when she quits the band." I don't like this. (That's why I'm getting this out of my system.)

    Look, I'm a guitarist. I don't know how to do, or be anything else. It's all I've ever stuck with; it's all I'll ever be. I make music. I love to make music. I want others to love my music. I write music, I see music, and I am music. (I'm starting to scare myself)

    Ok, a lot of people try to become musicians. Hell, there are so many bands just around here; I can't keep track of them all. But it comes back to, who will give up more. I WILL.

    I guess I'll end this with: My dreams might be reachable, if only I had Liz. [img]frown.gif[/img]


    Sorry about freaking out on your board girls,
    I had no where else to go.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member demon chloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 25th, 2001
    Posts
    12,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    im soo coming back to post on this..but i have to get to work!


    my mind is racing

  3. #3
    HB Forum Owner Blazey's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 22nd, 2001
    Posts
    9,610
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Wow...i will have to think on this one...my head isnt screwed on good this morning...i'm glad you felt you could come here tho..so dont apologize..i'll post you a response soon as i get woke up good.. [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/kiss.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member SmokinLizzies's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 25th, 2002
    Posts
    1,136
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Man, I was hoping for some thoughts on this.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Mystyx's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 10th, 2001
    Posts
    1,252
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    Wow....I literally hung on to every word...I totally know where you are and where you are coming from. Its a very hard place to be. Let me explain why I feel so strongly about what I just read, let me start by explaining my situation first.

    I am not a musician but music is and always has been my life, without it I would die. I am very serious. I do sing from time to time, but don't have the confidence in myself to do it as a profession. I have been told by others I should. Being on stage is just is not my calling. However I have always known I belong in the industry somehow.

    I have known many, many, many bands in my lifetime and you have a true soul of music. Its rare, refreshing and wonderful to hear. I currently am working with a band here in Sacramento, Ca and they are awesome, not just their music but the chemistry this band has and the group of people that make this whole thing work. I have never seen or found this with anyone other band. There has always been the politics that follow, much like what I hear you describe what you are going thru now.

    For my band I am the webmaster, business associate, best friends. They often refer to me as the 6th member. Because my heart and soul is apart of this band as much as if I was one of them. They know it.

    It was not always this way. The band in the last 6 months has taken such major changes and almost broke up for good. Due to band member attitudes, lack of dedication and second projects. I have learned thru this that all players much have simular goals to make it go all the way. There should be a level of chemistry, trust, dedication and communication or it won't work and the politics take over and so does the stress.

    In your situation, it sounds like you have goals that perhaps aren't shared by the others. You need to sit down with everyone concerned and discuss it. Come to some common ground and compromise, set expectations and move forward. Otherwise, it sounds like maybe changes are needed. Believe me I don't say that lightly at all. When we lost our previous guitarist and a few short months later the bass player, it was hard to imagine a future. But the 3 amazing musicians that walked in and replaced those 2 were gifts of the gods and we all feel priveldged to be with one another. The band is stronger, more powerful and tighter then ever and its unbelieveable. It was a scary change, but everyone is on the same page now and it rocks. Its how it should be. Its hard work, but its fun.

    Anyways, theres my story. We want to go all the way and it only works when everyone is a team player, completely dedicated and we communicate all the time. No one person more important then anyone else and no persay leader either. Every voice is heard. We trust and love one another and its awesome.

    Thanks for letting me babble....hope that helps somehow... [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    HB Forum Owner Blazey's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 22nd, 2001
    Posts
    9,610
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I knew someone would know what to say...i love music..but not being in the biz..i truly had no clue what to say....on a personal level..i might say..just tell her how you feel..but since its not really a personal mater..i hadnt a clue where to go with it..Thanks Wiqued!..and gary it wasnt cos we didnt care..i didnt know how to respond.. [img]graemlins/kiss.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member SmokinLizzies's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 25th, 2002
    Posts
    1,136
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Wiqued Mystyx: I totally know what you're saying. Your line, "There should be a level of chemistry, trust, dedication and communication" is great. But, I still want Liz. There is a level of all that stuff in this band. We all do stuff, Liz is the only one I really have a problem with.

    I don't know if I'm in the mood tonight to talk more about this....

    All the other bands I've been in, I've been the leader. I've had to do all the work, come up with all the ideas and point everyone around. I don't like being the leader. 'Cause when stuff falls though, or goes bad, it's my fault. But I've always been willing to take the fall.

    I'm still the leader of this band. Everyone asks me first or double checks with me before going ahead with something. I don't mind this, because they are all doing stuff. The other members book shows, think up songs to cover, write originals. except Liz (though she has booked shows before)....... It's so nice to have other people willing to book shows.

    I'm sorry, I just don't feel like talking about this today. I'll be back to this topic again.

    I hear what you're saying, and thx

    Blazey: [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Mystyx's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 10th, 2001
    Posts
    1,252
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    Hangin in there Gary...It sounds like you have a good quality band going on...but I also know your focus is the main ingredient (Liz) to pull this whole thing off too (I listened to your music and her voice is incredible, versatile and has great potential..I see why you want her)...Just sit her down and have the heart to heart...this is both business and personal. Music is in a persons soul at this level, so its all personal, but you have to make the smart business moves to if you want to go forward with it. With change comes focus and communication is what moves mountains. Get what you want out there and have it be heard. Throw caution to the wind and see what happens. You never know and you might be surprised...in this business anything is possible...

    Here have a beer and smile..its on me... [img]graemlins/beer.gif[/img]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member SmokinLizzies's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 25th, 2002
    Posts
    1,136
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    *drinks beer*

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •